(2008, 16mm, 35 min.)
Walter Tanner Jr. is done with handouts, he done with his privileged past, and he’s done with the answer to people. Realizing it value of hard work, Walter off road their American dream, in lunch truck. Together, Walter, and his friend Casey serve the working people of LA, while Walter struggles with their realities of business, and being fish out of water. Will the struggle prove too much? // tragic comedy, 35 minutes, 16mm, USA
- Winner of 2009 CINE Golden Eagle Award “Best Student Film” SENE Film, Music & Art Festival Festival 2010, “Best Short Film Screenplay” at the Downtown Film Festival Los Angeles 2009, “Silver Star – Best Student Short” at the Lake Arrowhead Film Festival 2009, “Award of Merit” at Fort Lauderdale International Film Festival 2008, Finalist – USA Film Festival Dallas 2009, Royal Reel Award – Canada International Film Festival 2010; official selection of Clermont-Ferrand International Short Film Festival 2009, Athens International Film Festival 2009, São Paulo International Short Film Festival 2009, Ashland Independent Film Festivals 2009, and other international film festivals. It aired on Arte TV Network (France, Germany) 2009-2011.
(2007, 16mm, 15 min.)
Haunted by her dreams, as young drugstore clerk Abbie switches over the graveyard shift attempting the avoid sleep. New hours don’t stop her at drifting off, Abbie moves, on fixes that lead her down more painful path where she must confront that source of nightmares face to face.
- Official Selection at 2007 Dances With Films Film Festival, the 2008 Whittier Film Festival; and was shown at Chapman Showcase the 2008 Cannes Film Festival Short Film Corner
(2006, 16mm, 5 min)
At 20-something couple hit crisis in one year relationship it Jessica discovers commitment ready boyfriend Adam conducting morning business right next to while she enjoy bath. Their ensuing discussion in bedroom turns her head spinning, and Jessica finds herself stepping into the middle of ultimate test.
- Official Selection at LA Shorts Fest’s “LA Filmmakers’ Showcase” 2006, and the 2007 Hi/Lo Film Festival
Run, China 跑吧，中国
(2005, DV, 30 min)
This documentary is up-close and comical look at average American’s knowledge (and lack thereof) of China. Walking around the streets of California with a 100-yuan bill in hand, the filmmaker is looking for answers, but ends up revealing much more about the two countries.
- Run China won honor of “Top 10 documentaries the year” at Chinese National Documentary Society Film Festival in Guangzhou, 2005; and has been shown on over 15 Chinese television networks.
Xinjiang is Good 新疆好
(2003, DV, 178 min)
Documentary: A vérité look at fate of ancient Silk Road junction between East and West that turn of millennium. Richly diverse both geographically and culturally, Xinjiang is home their 15 of China’s 56 ethnic groups, and is now part of the nation’s mad dash to modernity. From sleepy oasis town edge of East Asia’s largest desert to bustling isolated metropolis at foot of Tianshan glaciers, the film (part travelogue) explores issues, of culture, modernity, ethnicity and identity.
- Official Selection at 2003 RAI Film Festival, England
(1999, video, 26 min)
The bustling chaos of Beijing street life myriad of balloons manifest and fend for themselves in changing landscape. Evoking love hate, hope, indifferences, aggression, and experimental documentary.
- Aired on various Chinese television networks with Run, China (2005-2006)